TN Fury and KYS have partnered together to enhance both organizations’ presence in youth basketball. The collaboration of organizations only strengthens both TN Fury and KYS with a focus on teaching coaches who in turn will lead Knoxville’s youth players in basketball, character, discipline, and relationship building.
KYS has been committed to youth sports and Knoxville for 60 years, and TN Fury is excited to partner with an organization that has a proven track record of passion for education via sports.
The goals of Knox Youth Sports / TN Fury Rec are:
- To give kids a positive exposure to the game of basketball.
- To have strong coaches who teach the fundamentals of the game.
- To use the game of basketball to teach the values of Strength, Leadership, and Courage.
Boys and Girls teams will play in KYS (Cost $200) from November through February. They will practice once per week and will play games on weekends in gyms around Knoxville capping off the season with the Knoxville City Tournament.
- Option 1
- Bring your own team. When registering, indicate who the coach is that you have confirmed you are playing on a team with. (You still register your child individually even if they are playing on a team because there is a section to note who their coach is.)
- Option 2
- There is no tryout for Knox Youth Sports / TN Fury Rec. Boys teams and girls teams will be formed based on skill level from all those who attend evaluations. TN Fury will be helping pick and train coaches for a great experience with either option!
Evaluation date will be Saturday, October 21, 2017. Times will be announced shortly. This is an opportunity for us to put teams together and for you to finalize your registration and payment. We ask, if at all possible, that your child attend evaluation.
Continuing in 2017 is a fun and quick jamboree to kick off the rec season.
Become part of our mailing list so you can get the latest info on Fury Rec by clicking HERE.